31 October 2011

Ganges

If there's anything I should learn from being here is to be alright with being in love with the moment.

Maaria, Erin and I went super spontaneously to a village named Ganges, somewhere an hour by bus (this seems to be the proper formula for a gorgeous exploration). It was a Sunday and the small deserted center quickly made me nervous. What were we doing in this average small town on full bladders and empty stomachs? So when in doubt go to the kebab stand. The lady gave us directions for an absolutely gorgeous walk. And as we walked the unpaved road shaded and shaped by fall colors; when the world looks like this, how can you not be in love with it?


Also, I am in love with elderly couples holding hands. They're everywhere here and they give me hope and a goal: I want to be just like them.








Taken by an old man


The trail led to the main river Hérault and we watched ducks scoot along the water. Before we knew it, we were dragged back to the bus station only wanting to return to the serene countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment