03 September 2011

My New Place of Residence, Part II

Bâtiment A à Vert Bois (my building) 
My dorm is a 90 sq. ft. functional dream. There's so much storage I'm tempted to go to H&M and fill up the shelves some more. My toilet is underneath the shower. I got everything I needed at IKEA for $50! Except I don't have a fork or spoon. They don't sell 'em for single people. Mom was right, I should've taken some from home.

I made a video for y'all!



Last night, the American and Canadian exchange students went to Place de la Comèdie for wine tasting and a stroll through the historic buildings. There was food everywhere. I had some African fried plantain bananas and chicken. Yum. 

Today I went to IKEA and the supermarket (which only took me two hours to find). In celebration, I bought my first classy bottle of wine for 2 euro, bread and the reddest tomatoes. And some other not as interesting things. 

I've learned that when walking on the street men will flash their headlights at you, almost fall of their mopeds and give you the thumbs up. I've also learned that you shouldn't ever buy more than you are willing to carry for an hour. My feet are sore and my shoulders feel like I imagine a Norwegian body builder's would feel like. However, a lovely homemade salad awaits me followed by some nightlife exploration with the fellow exchangers. C'est la vie enchantée!

No comments:

Post a Comment