09 September 2011

Des Moules Espagnols

Registering for classes here goes like this:

  1. Look on internet for 'listing'
  2. Go to building to find time/date/room number. Don't know where building is. Ask for directions. People laugh because they don't know where the building is either. Find building. Perspire from running.
  3. Stand in long line to 'pre-register'. Most things closed from 12-2 for lunch. Then close again at 4.
  4. Go to class for three weeks to see if you like it
  5. Sign up by Sept. 26
  6. Do administrative registering and registering with the teacher
  7. Register for exam at end of semester.
Where is there any efficiency? I'd take LOUIE/online registration any day.
With that being said, I survived my first 3 hour lecture on the methodology of sociology in French. My head hurts but I understood most of it! Probably am going to the beach to celebrate.

I also made mussels last night with some American friends. Fresh Spanish mussels with some olive oil and herbs, white wine and they're barnacles still attached. A whole half kilo cost only a euro. I could get used to this. I have speaking French a lot and making some French friends in classes and clubs but it's definitely nice to just 'be American' every once in a while. Talkin' English and shootin' the shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment