03 November 2011

Dear French Bureaucracy,

Stop crushing my dreams. All I want is to peel potatoes and smell like onions and garlic while I do an internship at a restaurant. Is it so difficult to let me do this without filling out 20 papers and consulting the French national insurance system? Just think of the trees you're saving by simply letting me work nights and weekends behind a cutting board for little pay! I'll do you justice; make an awesome French onion soup and maybe even perfect coq au vin! I know you have a place and you are trying to help as many people as you can but, French Bureaucracy, sometimes I think you're here just to tell your citizens no. I've been offered an awesome opportunity to work in a French restaurant (!!!) and you're really cramping my style.
Sincerely from your American friend,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment