03 October 2012

People Profile, Part 1: Mildred

The next few posts will be a profile of my life in terms of the people that I come across, interact with or quickly snapped a picture of. There's a lot to be said for the faces we see everyday, or once.


Here is the infamous Mildred and her son, Loren. Mildred is 101 and while frail, she's got spark. I see her twice a week, every week and have know her for almost two whole years. Usually we play cards although lately the big fad has been crossword puzzles and Bonanza. She doesn't have a strong concept of time and a day is just another day for her. She has told me the same seven stories almost every week, each time she is as equally as joyous to tell me as the last time. So why not pretend it's the first time I've heard it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment