20 June 2012

Why I Still Love America...

Upon returning to the homestead, I expected extreme reverse culture shock. And while I'm still slightly surprised when people speak English at the ridiculously large SuperTarget, there are lots of reasons I'm happy to be home

- family, friends and the fellow hikers that smile and say "Mornin'" to you
- the fresh air of Flagstaff
- peanut butter and pancakes
- real hugs
- the promise of all the little projects waiting to be done...

And I think that the last point is where my blog will be headed; chronicling the life that continues to be a scavenger hunt. A hunt for laughs and interesting facts; good times with good people; weird recipes and craft projects; hikes and bikes and not-tripe. Whether or not anyone reads this, I've enjoyed logging away the memories and discoveries and realized that it doesn't have to be the end. I want to keep exploring, keep getting-to-know and keep hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment