21 April 2012

Part Three : Prince's Island and Asia

A one hour ferry ride one can be on Prince's Island. A tourist island with rented bikes and some nice jungle views.


A ten minute ferry ride Rebecca and I were in Asia. We got lost in what seemed the Beverly Hills of Istanbul and a busy neighborhood with children and old men. Although I might've slightly hoped for Asian stereotypes to be thrown at me, the Asian side of Istanbul was a relaxing alternative to the bustling Western epicenter of clothing stores.

Asian side

Istanbul is an amazingly perplexing city where the hospitality is ready with çay (tea). It left me wanting to go back, explore more and slowly begin to understand their complicated culture and history. Perhaps a huge part of that was our Couchsurfing hosts. Thanks hostesses with the mostesses! They've inspired me to open my tiny corner of the world when arriving back in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment