31 August 2011

My New Place of Residence, Part I

Place de la Comédie
Rooftops





After a relaxing train ride through the French countryside, Mom and I arrived in Montpellier! 
Bésame
Instantly, it felt better than Paris. Warm, friendly and my skin color finally seems to blend in. I got the sense that my new city is an 

eternal summer playground.

For the first time this trip I was able to relax and sleep. After some napping, we hit the pavement to La Place de la Comèdie. The square was bustling with tourists, children on scooters and terrace cafés. After a quick tour, we finally settled down to a proper meal that didn't consist of just butter and bread. The waiter struggled with me through my French and even helped with proper pronunciations. We had a perfect spot for people watching and a little accordion player serenaded us with his charm.
I'm sure its a very old statue/fountain with lots of meaning

I checked into my dorm with many bumps, such as walking through Montpellier with a big-ass suitcase, not understanding anything at check-in, thinking a window was a sliding glass door and finding out that the big-ass suitcase was really big going up the stairs. That being said; my dorm is lovely. Which means: tiny, has a window, is my own and very white. Saturday I have all day to go to IKEA for sheets and color. 




No comments:

Post a Comment